I decided that it was time to switch it up a little bit. I have been taking pictures like crazy since I've been here and would like to share some of my favorites with the intention that these visuals may further shed light on my experience. Enjoy!
Angkot- Indonesian minibus (very popular means of transport in Jakarta and Bandung). Essentially an 8 passenger van gutted with two long seats installed. See below for details...
...now this is a light load for the Angkot which usually is packed with more people :)
Me, Ab, and Ricky
Dinner...Beef dish, rice cakes, and white rice accompanied with a chile sauce.
Different night...Chicken (seasoned to perfection...almost rivals my mother's) with white rice in the banana leaf.
Intersection in Bandung
Experimenting with angles...there seems to be more motorcycles on the streets than cars
Alleyway off of "Jean Street" in Bandung
There was a block of superhero themed stores with characters such as Iron Man, Superman, Tarzan, and of course, Spiderman...
...and yes that is a statue of Rambo :)
Best,
Kal
Great pics, You seem to be very happy. I am proud of you and the decision you made to teach in Indonesia.
ReplyDeleteLove, Grandma
awww!! I ditto grandma's comment! (tear)
ReplyDelete-Markea
Kal it seems like you're having great time! I'm really happy for you. Teaching is going to be really fun. Be safe!
ReplyDeleteKalada I love you also I miss you I wanted to post on your other entries but my internet started acting weird and now im semi drunk and cant remember what I wanted to write. Suffice it to say I miss you and since were both in the far east (more or less) we should do christmas together somewhere in between us.
ReplyDeletethis is the best idea Ive had all day. let me know
love
pat
that food looks yummy!!! ... eat more for me! <3 I miss you boo bear! hopefully ill see you in austrailia !
ReplyDelete