The title of this post comes from the last episode of one of my favorite shows, A Different World. At the end of the series finale, Whitley and Dwayne leave everyone they know and everything they own for a business opportunity in Japan. As Whitley is walking out of the door, she surveys her apartment one last time, sighs and says, "We're off to a Different World". While the sentiments aren't exactly the same, as I don't own a home or much for that matter, I still feel that I am leaving everyone that I love to embark on something new. And as exciting as that may be, I still have a very somber feeling about not being able to share everything that I experience with those whom I love deeply. While I will try my best to keep everyone updated via this blog, no blog can truly be a substitute for standing right there with me (no matter how good of a writer i may strive to be :). So to all my family and friends, I love you and will miss you and I'll see you soon.
Best,
Kalada
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't even know this blog existed. Guess you figured that and that is why you sent me the link. I have actually thought about you on a few occasions, especially after my first time back to St. Mary's.
ReplyDelete